New Genesis Development from BBS

Herramientas diagnosticas para Land Rover, Chipre.
Foro bilingüe: Inglés / Castellano

Moderador: BBS Guy

Notapor BBS Guy » 13 Ene 2012, 19:42

Hola all
I must first apologize for my lack of participation on this board over the last few months.
I think 2011 has not been a good year for almost everyone, and i have sure had more than my my share of troubles, with power cut problems, company premises re location, EU financial problems and most recently even a fire at home.

But 2012 is a new year and we bring with it some pretty amazing new development news.

For 3 years we have been secretly working on a very new concept for vehicle diagnostics we have called project Genesis.

With Genesis, using no hardware but a simple and cheap lead we already supply with our MSV-2 and FCR equipment and some free Java Based application we provide, anyone will be able to connect their CAN BUS based Vehicle (EG Disco 3) to the Internet.

After which, the owner or anyone so approved, from anywhere in the world can log into a simple Web based site and license permitting, can perform any diagnostic function, such as enabling features like 4x4 info, resetting service reminders or even re flashing ECU's on the connected vehicle as if they were directly connected.
Colin Whittall
Gerente Blackbox Solutions Ltd.
BBS Guy
Colaborador DiscoTr.es

Notapor CUCO » 13 Ene 2012, 21:04

is genesis in your Web?, i`m looking for info and i dont see it.

(esta Genesis en vuestra pagina? estoy buscando info y no lo veo)
CUCO

Notapor dakota » 13 Ene 2012, 23:05

for fin alguien ha hablado ...pero mas mas... por favor.

:banana1: :banana1: :banana1:

saludos
Dakota
EL SPORTING YA NO PUXA!!
dakota

Notapor Santi » 14 Ene 2012, 16:45

Si eso, ya veo que el Genesis ha salido a la luz, como en Stark Trek

Hi BBS, can you give us more information about this?
Todo exito necesita ilusion y sacrificio
Santi
Colaborador DiscoTr.es

Notapor BBS Guy » 14 Ene 2012, 20:28

I will try to provide more information about Genesis as requested

Although it has been such a long time in development, this time has mainly been spent creating security and problem handling required for providing Vehicle Diagnostic services to CAN BUS Based vehicle systems over an Internet link and covering all the possible problems with such a possibly unstable connection. We have of course now achieved this and i would certainly not be announcing this development otherwise. However it will still require much more testing and i hope to soon provide something that everyone can use to test this themselves.
It will be some time yet before it is publicly available otherwise and so you will not see it on our web site.

it is also still in it's early stages regarding licensing costs, however the system not only starts with vastly lower hardware costs but also allows for far greater and possibly lower cost licensing flexibility for specific aspects.

While it is a new system in it's own right, I do not intend or expect the system to replace either the existing FCR or MSV-2 systems, rather to expand on their existing capabilities and compliment them.

Foe example, an existing owner of a Faultmate FCR cannot currently use this to read fault codes from another vehicle, reset his service reminder, or enable 4x4 info etc. Genesis means he will now have that possibility.

An existing owner of an MSV-2 that is licensed in single vehicle mode only will now have the ability to do things on other Vehicles.

And MSV-2 MV owners like Pete Bell, will be able to connect to vehicles anywhere in the world and do stuff like performance re flashing as if they were in his workshop.

In essence Genesis moves absolutely everyone up a notch or two in capability.

The system is extremely simple to use. We intent to keep every aspect super simple.
Barring the administration stages of licensing an account etc on Genesis and allocating account access to your VCI2 by serial number
You first plug our existing VCI2 lead into the vehicle and connect it to any web enabled PC.
The lead VCI2 we supply with the FCR already has a 9 way connector you can directly plug into a 9 pin serial port or go via any old Serial to USB adapter. Those with an MSV-2 will have to use a 15 to 9 way lead you can get from us (already available in our accessories section) or make your own, as its very simple with but 3 wires, as we will be providing a wiring diagram.
Once physically connected, you then run a small Java based application that checks internet connectivity to the Genesis Web site and to your VCI 2 and vehicle and then creates a data link connection tunnel between them unique by VCI2 serial number. This confirms connection and any activity or advises of any problem.

Then you can visit the regular HTML type genesis web site, log in using your account which is the only one linked to your VCI 2 from any Device that has internet browsing capabilities.
This can of course be from the same PC providing the vehicle to Genesis web site connection tunnel, or from an I phone or android device that may well be in outer Mongolia for all it matters.

Either way you will see your VCI2 serial number under the connections page and will be able to click on that and link to your vehicle.
Its not scary, difficult or strange. You already log into this forum using nothing but a regular internet browser with a pre set user name and password and can do so from anywhere in the world on any device you choose and Genesis is really no different. And when you log in you get a notification, just like a friend request or PM but in this case that your VCI2 is connected. It's really that simple

When you click on the connection to your VCI 2 and vehicle, Genesis will then read in and store core information about the vehicle connected to your VCI2, and will display the vehicle type and VIN information at the top of the page. You will then be given a number of menu of options according to what you have licensed at the admin stage.

If you have purchased 4x4 info enabling off BBS for example, this button will be present and pressing it will cause the Genesis system to read the current state of the 4x4 info option, display its current state and offer the option to enable or disable it as desired.

To be frank, i have tested this a couple of dozen times myself and seen it in action, but still, i give fair warning that no words can ever describe the feeling and experience of the effect of simply making a few mouse clicks on some web site, causes a resultant effect in your own vehicle.

But, almost as if by magic, seconds later the desired result does actually occur in your vehicle.

As Santi notes, we chose the project name of Genesis for this for very good reason and we certainly do not think it unworthy of such a "new world" creating name.
Colin Whittall
BBS Guy
Colaborador DiscoTr.es

Notapor kawuty » 15 Ene 2012, 00:53

Muy interesante, :aplauso: :aplauso:

La solucion a un problema en cualquier lugar y momento. :detective:
LR Discovery 4 3.0 Tdv6 245cv. SE Pro

Saludos
Rafa
kawuty

Notapor BBS Guy » 14 Feb 2012, 18:37

I am preparing a demonstration situation for the Genesis project
Although it is not quite ready, today i made a very quick one man video of this working, which i hope you will find interesting.

Sorry it is a little shaky, but it is hard to do two things at once :oops:

http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/downloads/videos/GENESIS.MP4
Colin Whittall
BBS Guy
Colaborador DiscoTr.es

Notapor dakota » 14 Feb 2012, 18:56

:aplauso: :aplauso: :aplauso: :aplauso:
EL SPORTING YA NO PUXA!!
dakota

Notapor Santi » 14 Feb 2012, 19:12

Aunque tarde un tiempo, ya puedo ver el enlace....que pinta más buena... :ok: :ok:
Todo exito necesita ilusion y sacrificio
Santi
Colaborador DiscoTr.es

Notapor BBS Guy » 14 Feb 2012, 19:23

Yes, of course we have made this possible for the demonstration we are working to provide, so people can see the live results of what is possible by Genesis with a but a simple web page.

Regards Colin

Sí, por supuesto que han hecho esto posible para la demostración de que estamos trabajando para ofrecer, por lo que la gente pueda ver los resultados en vivo de lo que es posible gracias a Génesis con una, sino una simple página web.

Saludos Colin
Colin Whittall
BBS Guy
Colaborador DiscoTr.es

Siguiente

Tema: New Genesis Development from BBS

Volver a Blackbox Solutions