D3/D4/RRS Software Updates - Les Comes October 2-4

Todo sobre Land Rover y el 4x4 en general

Notapor JF Lux » 12 Sep 2015, 15:15

Hi - If anyone is interested in software updates to their D3/D4/RRS (up to 2010) then there will be someone with me at Les Comes who provides this service.

D4 Only

Enable Timed Climate – Allows you to set a day and time for the Fuel Burning Heater to come on. Set as a 7 day Timer or Instant Heat. Warms up the car before you need it which reduces stresses on the engine when you start.

Remote Climate – Allows you to use a remote button to turn on the Fuel Burning Heater when you need to. Warms up the car before you need it which reduces stresses on the engine when you start.

Retro Fit Bluetooth PTI
Allows retro fitting of factory Bluetooth unit and buttons.
Parts needed – depends on exact spec but €300-400 (LR Factory Price €570)
Install and enable available, or enable only

Towing Electrics (enable only if fitted) – If you fit Towing Electrics, you need to have them enabled in order for them to work.
Towing Electrics – Retrofit Supply fit and Enable

Xenon Lights – enable
Needed to increase bulb life if you swap your halogen complete light units for Xenon

D3 / RRS up to 2010

3 flash indicators - MY07 onwards have the newer style 'flick' indicator which flashes three times & self cancels.

Clock display on dash (with red light for lights on indicator) - on My07 vehicles you get a green lights on indicator and a clock on the centre dash. This enables both, but instead of a green indicator, you would have a red lights on indicator.
The important bit is that you have a Clock on the Main Dashboard all the time instead of the poor display one on the radio screen.

SatNat On the Move – Pre MY07 satnav, you can't change the destination whilst you’re moving, this update removes that restriction – NB Allow up to 2 hours for this update

If you want Daytime running lights enabled (Puts your front headlights on when you start driving or when you have the ignition on)

Do you have the LR Blutooth phone adapter (use 2121 to connect)?
Bluetooth Upgrade - If you have the LR BT, then the update will allow you to connect to newer phones (iPhone 4 & blackberry etc) it will also enable the Phonebook on your phone to be brought up on the radio display so you can call without touching the phone at all Allow up to 1 hour for this update Unless I swap the Module

Retro Fit Bluetooth PTI
Allows retro fitting of factory Bluetooth unit and buttons.
Parts needed – depends on exact spec but €300-400 (LR Factory Price €570)
Install and enable, or Enable only if already fitted

Compressor Software Update - Newer compressor software stops the compressor from overworking.
Only available for certain compressors

D3/D4/RRS up to 2010

4x4 Info Screen - Shows the heights of your wheels and direction, also enables Off Road SatNav so you get the Compass option as well.

Cruise Control – Allows you to set the cruise speed (works with Manual and Automatic vehicles) requires Cruise Control buttons – can Supply, Fit and Enable

Fault Code Read/ Reset FOC if other work over €100 being undertaken, otherwise there is a charge

FBH Lockout Reset & Purge - the Diesels generally have a Fuel Burning heater which acts as a supplementary heater to the main engine. Sometimes, this locks itself out or if it hasn't been used for a while, it can be useful to purge the system mid year before the Winter to get rid of old fuel and make sure it still works!

Gearbox Reset - The autobox is an adaptive box, so will be used to driving the style of the previous owner (or when different drivers use it). a reset will help it to quicker learn your driving style and adapt accordingly. This also sometimes cures some gearbox judder

Reverse lights on - follow me home - You can set the reverse lights to come on as well as the front when set in follow me home mode. Useful if you unload in the dark from the boot and want to see your area around you. I use this as I reverse onto my drive & have no external light there. FOC with other updates over €100 otherwise there is a charge

Costs are negotiable depending on what you want. If anyone is interested then please post on here what you would like.

If you have any questions, want to arrange updates and negotiate prices you can get in touch directly with Ian Bodsworth at D3Bodsy@yahoo.co.uk

(and no...I am not getting a percentage of the money :rofl: ) See you at Les Comes :ok:
JF Lux

Notapor Funkyblue » 12 Sep 2015, 23:12

Hi JF lux
I'm interested to talk about this in les comes, I'm trying to enable the speech control on my my2012 d4. It comes with Bluetooth but the speech control only mutes the audio, it doesn't ask me for instructions. Anyway, I will be there and we can talk about it!
Funkyblue

Notapor Natx » 13 Sep 2015, 22:12

Me too Jonh, I can't pair my iPhone 6 with my original free hands, so I may can get an update of any kind to connect it.

Will talk to you there!
A mi no me preguntes, yo sólo tengo un Discovery..
Natx

Notapor sanah » 14 Sep 2015, 10:29

JF Lux, Natx told me not forget the wine. Software that is fine, but better wine :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Stornoway (from Russia with love)
sanah

Notapor Natx » 15 Sep 2015, 17:03

sanah escribió:JF Lux, Natx told me not forget the wine. Software that is fine, but better wine :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There's life after this hot heineken that you drink!

:disimular: :disimular: :disimular: :disimular:

Jonh, forget it about Chewaka... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Natx

Notapor JF Lux » 15 Sep 2015, 18:24

I never forget wine.... :lol: :ok:
JF Lux

Notapor dakota » 15 Sep 2015, 18:53

este hubiera sido un buen año...y casi a punto estuve..pero al final no podrá ser :llorando:
EL SPORTING YA NO PUXA!!
dakota

Notapor Bodsy » 23 Sep 2015, 00:21

Natx escribió:Me too Jonh, I can't pair my iPhone 6 with my original free hands, so I may can get an update of any kind to connect it.

Will talk to you there!

Natx, do you enter 2121 or 0000 as the pairing code?
If you enter 2121, I can bring some updated Blutooth modules to swap out to fix the problem and to add phone book sync on the radio screen.
Bodsy

Notapor Natx » 23 Sep 2015, 22:32

Bodsy escribió:
Natx escribió:Me too Jonh, I can't pair my iPhone 6 with my original free hands, so I may can get an update of any kind to connect it.

Will talk to you there!

Natx, do you enter 2121 or 0000 as the pairing code?
If you enter 2121, I can bring some updated Blutooth modules to swap out to fix the problem and to add phone book sync on the radio screen.

Hello Bodsy, I tried 2121 as a pairing code, I guess i have used always the same.
Some one told me to about new modules, 'cause my d3 is from 2005, so I think they changed the module model in 2009...
This is happening to me since first update of iOS8 on iPhone 5, so now with 6 it's happening the same.
The thing is I only use the car for some weekends and is not much necessary the hands free, I mean, change module complete may be is to expensive for what I need...

Even my wish would be listen music by Bluetooth on my car by the original radio.. Which I guess it's impossible..

Will talk to you in a couple of weeks in LR party!

Thanks for your time!

:hola: :hola:
Natx

Notapor Santi » 25 Sep 2015, 16:15

Natx

Even with a new D4 module I can not listen music by bluetooth ......... :llorando: :llorando:
but I can pair almost all phones.....
Todo exito necesita ilusion y sacrificio
Santi
Colaborador DiscoTr.es

Siguiente

Tema: D3/D4/RRS Software Updates - Les Comes October 2-4

Volver a General